Performing a SoundcheckStep-by-step instructions for creating a Stageit soundcheck.
Sign in to your Stageit account.
If you do not have a Stageit account, you can create one by clicking "Join Stageit."
Create your Soundcheck.
Open "Performer Tools" at the top of any page, and click "Create a Soundcheck."
Save your soundcheck show.
Soundcheck shows aren't available to the public, so don't worry about the show details just yet.
Click "Go To Stage."
- If you are creating this immediately before your scheduled soundcheck, click "Go To Stage" on the following page.
- If you are creating this for a later time, you can find the "Go To Stage" link under the "Performer Tools" menu and click "Upcoming Shows."
Click "GO LIVE."
- You will then be broadcasting live in your soundcheck! You can share the soundcheck URL (available at the bottom of the stage) with your manager, bandmates or whoever else is going to be helping you out. Note that the person watching your soundcheck will need to be logged in to a different account than the one you are broadcasting from.
- Note: If you do not see yourself in the camera viewer, you may need to select "Allow" in Adobe Flash Player Settings before clicking "Go Live."
Advanced: Using Desktop Client SoftwareThese instructions only apply to those who wish to use desktop client software such as Adobe FMLE.
When creating your Soundcheck, opt to use desktop client software.
- Scroll down to "additional options," and check the box next to "Advanced: Use desktop client software such as FMLE, Wirecast or Tricaster for broadcasting."
- Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
- If you do not already have a desktop client installed, click here to download Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder.
After creating your Soundcheck, click "Go To Stage."
This will take you to a special page for desktop client users only.
Download the XML file and then click "Go To Stage" again.
- Click the "Adobe Single" button, and make sure to save this file where you can easily find it!
- Click the "Go To Stage" button on this page to access your soundcheck stage.
Open Adobe FMLE and then open your XML file.
In Adobe FMLE, click "File" and "Open Profile." Locate the XML file you downloaded and click "Open."
Adjust your audio and video settings in FMLE.
- In Adobe FMLE, select the video and audio devices you will be using from the corresponding drop down menus.
- important: Make sure the input size of your video matches that of your camera. If you do not know the resolution on your camera, check the description from the manufacturer.
Click "Start" in Adobe FMLE.
Click "Start" in FMLE and you should be live streaming. If Stageit did not automatically go live, go ahead and click "Go Live" on Stageit. You will then be broadcasting live in your soundcheck! You can share the soundcheck URL (available at the bottom of the stage) with your manager, bandmates or whoever else is going to be helping you out. Note that the person watching your soundcheck will need to be logged in to a different account than the one you are broadcasting from.